IAS advises and coordinates investment teams for international partnerships or acquisitions. We focus on the special challenges encountered in emerging markets, particularly China, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, and Africa.
International Trade and Investment Assistance
- When a Japanese motor equipment manufacturer needed an assessment of the likely economic and political development of newly independent Central and Eastern European states, IAS prepared a country by country report.
- When H.J. Heinz wanted to acquire a facility in the Czech Republic , IAS researched the potential targets and helped engineer the acquisition over a 22-month period.
- When a U.S. textile distributor needed a source of supply in Central Europe, IAS identified and assessed the potential suppliers, helped negotiate production contracts, and oversaw the production and export program over a multiyear period.
- When a food producer in the Czech Republic sought to enter the North American market, IAS brokered a series of transactions with fruit juice producers in the U.S. and Canada.
- When several Czech enterprises wanted a foreign partner to help them privatize, IAS led the search, facilitating due diligence by coordinating the efforts of technical, legal and accounting experts.
- When an auto distributor in Eastern Europe sought to import Chinese-made vehicles, IAS researched the Chinese industry, facilitated a series of plant visits, and helped negotiate a purchase contract.